Monday, September 10, 2012

Blue Boats

One of the first things that came to mind when I first heard "Summer's Down" by Blue Boats was that I couldn't believe it was the result of a side project.  I'm not talking about a side project from another band, I'm talking about a side project from a totally different field.  Oliver Gale, the real guy behind the name, is a film student over in the U.K.  If I had secondary occupations that resulted in something as good as "Summer's Down" is for Gale, I'd be very satisfied with myself.  Until I find that talent, though, I'll have "Summer's Down" to listen to.  Coming at a time when the seasons are changing and the weather is getting colder, Gale delivers a wonderful surf rock ballad, causing me to reminisce on the days walking down the Californian beach. The official release date for "Summer's Down" is September 24th, but we're lucky enough for him to have given us a plethora of streaming options.  You can listen to it below, or you can head to Bandcamp.  You can also see his other work over at SoundCloud. Facebook and Twitter offer some social media outlets.  Check it!

 Summer's Down by Blue Boats

No comments:

Post a Comment