Monday, July 2, 2012

A$AP Rocky

I think it's fair to say that A$AP Rocky is my favorite up-and-coming rapper these days.  At least he's certainly the one I'm most excited about, especially after his mixtape LiveLoveA$AP surprised the hell out of me.  Well, he's dropped another track on us called "Ridin'", and features the mysteriously alluring Lana Del Rey...ya know, the one who made a huge splash with "Video Games"?  You may have heard of her.  This new jam is much more chill than a lot of the other material he has made, it contains an entirely different atmosphere than another recent release in "Celebration", which is way more of a party anthem.  All of this is preparing A$AP for the drop of his forthcoming debut studio album LongLiveA$AP, which is due out later this year.  I'm expecting huge things out of it, and A$AP has been quoted as saying it's his "best work yet, like LiveLoveA$AP matured".  Well, that's something I can deal with.  Have a listen to "Ridin'" below, and get pumped for LiveLoveA$AP in the near future.

Ridin'

No comments:

Post a Comment