Monday, April 2, 2012

Good Dangers

Recently I've been listening to a lot of '80s inspired new-agey, power poppish stuff, and I'm not embarrassed to admit I have definitely fallen for some of the cheesiness that comes with it.  So when I heard the opening piano chords pounding at the beginning of Good Danger's single "D.F.Y.F.", I was most definitely sucked into to wondering where it would lead.  The uptempo, bass-heavy jam (would stands for "Don't Fuck Your Friends") certainly has that '80s pop sound, but is mixed well with a more modern version of indie pop.  As they say, the title of the song may be "a statement that not everyone will agree with, especially those with extremely attractive friends", but I'm thinking it's a fair assessment we can all agree on the quality of the song.  Check it out on SoundCloud below!

 Good Dangers - DFYF by GoodDangers

No comments:

Post a Comment