Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Palms

The cover art for the song "Lake Marble Falls" is a picture taken from the popular Punch Bowl Falls, an area in Oregon known for it's numerous waterfalls.  As I'm sure you can see, it's also appreciated for its unparalleled beauty and tranquility.  So when Palms sings out "my memory begins here, in Marble Falls", I can see why!  I wouldn't mind having such scenery being the first vision I could recollect. Using this image as an icon to their song makes sense too, the duo Palms carry such a sense of serenity and purity in "Lake Marble Falls" that anything else wouldn't do it justice.  The most notable comparison would be Bon Iver; a spacious guitar, vocals set in falsetto, and an isolated atmosphere gives the impression of a something constructed in nature, surrounded by nothing but woods.  I guess since "Lake Marble Falls" sounds very reflective, there is an aura of solitude embedded within the chords.  Palms is in no way a cut copy of Bon Iver, the group utilizes an electroacoustic-like sound to set it apart.  The culmination is very sedative, and it's way easy to be lulled into it.  I've posted it below for you to listen, and if you dig it you can hit up the Studio Palms homepage to snag it for free.  Enjoy!

 Lake Marble Falls by Palms Music

No comments:

Post a Comment