Friday, December 3, 2010

Bikini

As I've mentioned before, I am a huge fan of modern electropop.  I can't get enough of the Cut Copys, Passion Pits, and LCD Soundsystems of the world.  Well, a new EP by the band Bikini dropped around Thanksgiving time that falls into that category; catchy, danceable, and a hell of a lot of fun to listen to.  Bikini has released an album before called Concerning the Number 7 and Your Love, but failed to create the buzz that their new EP RIPJDS has been able to achieve.  Now, with the success of RIPJDS they're being exposed on such distinguished sites like Pitchfork....quite the accomplishment.  It seems to me like Bikini went about this quite well, releasing the captivating single "ACheerleader" and following it up with a song of equal or greater value, "American Mourning".  Considering it's a Friday and most people will be out partying tonight, I figured I'd throw these two dance tracks (and another from the EP) your way to get you moving for the weekend.  Definitely can't wait to see what these guys come out with next, I'm sure it'll be pretty incredible.  Check out some of the tunes from RIPJDS below.  Hope you guys like it, and happy weekends to everyone!

American Mourning

ACheerleader

Palm-Aire

Be sure to head over to their Bandcamp, which is located here.  Also, you can view them on iTunes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment